Silicone hydrogel and hydrogel are the two primary sorts of materials used to make contact lenses. Individuals regularly ask, how do hydrogels work and what are hydrogels utilized for? As there is regular disarray about the two, here's our short guide on which one could be best for you.
Delicate contact lenses are totally produced using a moldable plastic material. The organization of these plastics may fluctuate, accordingly, causing a marginally extraordinary sensation and level of solace contingent upon the wearer.
Hydrogel and silicone hydrogel lenses are both delicate lenses made of plastic material. The material is retentive and makes the lens delicate when hydrated with water or arrangement, however solidifies when dry. Silicone is the name used to portray plastic materials with a gel-like consistency that contain silicone, just as oxygen, carbon and different components. It's an incredibly adaptable material, which makes it magnificent for making contact lens, however numerous other clinical items like embeds and tubing.
Should I wear hydrogel or silicone hydrogel lenses?
It's completely alright to wear either choice, and a great many people continue ahead with standard hydrogel lenses fine. The stunt, in any case, is to attempt various choices and see which one works best for you.
The principle advantage that silicone hydrogel has over standard hydrogel, is that silicone hydrogel lenses are profoundly permeable and retentive. They permit a higher oxygen contagiousness permitting up to multiple times more oxygen to saturate through the contact lens and arrive at the surface and cornea of the eye in contrast with standard hydrogel contact lenses. On the off chance that oxygen can't arrive at the cornea, it causes a condition alluded to as hypoxia. This can prompt foggy vision, red eyes, loss of visual clearness and increment the odds of contamination.
How do hydrogels work?
Standard hydrogels are likewise delicate lenses produced using an adaptable plastic joined with oxygen to permit water to go through. They are less expensive than silicon hydrogel and work along these lines, anyway they have a more modest oxygen permeability.
What are hydrogels used for?
Very much like silicone hydrogel lenses, standard hydrogels are utilized to address a wide scope of dreams. They are less expensive than silicone hydrogel lenses however more mainstream than inflexible and gas porous lenses which are produced using a harder material.
The benefits of silicone hydrogel lenses
- Silicone hydrogel lenses offer an expanded degree of solace and hydration for the duration of the day when wearing lenses.
- For weekly and monthly contact lenses, silicone hydrogel material assists with guaranteeing that your lenses stay new and hydrated all through their whole wearing cycle.
- Can be worn all the more easily for longer time frames. This is particularly useful for the individuals who carry on with dynamic ways of life, spend significant stretches of the day taking a gander at a screen, or who are effectively helpless to dry eyes.
- Their improved solace implies that they can likewise be worn as extended wear lenses. Extended wear contact lenses are appropriate for ceaseless wear day and night without waiting to be taken out, for up to a fixed measure of time (commonly multi week to a month). These are ideal for those with a bustling timetable as they wipe out the problem of a contact lens cleaning schedule. On the off chance that you wish to settle on these, you'll need to visit an optician to guarantee that they are appropriate for you.
- Daily wearer lenses are a mainstream decision as they have less danger of eye diseases for the contact lens wearer and are thought about better for eye wellbeing. Whichever lenses you choose to pick, we suggest counseling your eye specialist first.
The disadvantages of silicone hydrogel contact lenses
Are there colored silicone hydrogel lenses? Yes, there are shaded silicone hydrogel contact lenses.
Air Optix Color contact lenses are made with silicone hydrogel. Fabricated by Alcon, this lively assortment of hued contact lenses arrives in a scope of nine unique tones and offer both a great change in style and complete visual clearness. Alcon and Ciba Vision's selective 3-in-one colors innovation guarantees a characteristic, however energetic appearance, in any event, for the individuals who have hazier eyes. Because of the color shade confining the progression of water and oxygen all through the eye, hued contact lenses can once in a while be awkward to wear, anyway Air Optix Tones silicone hydrogel surface permits water and dampness to move all the more uninhibitedly, considering a marginally longer wearing time.